Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Vitamins/minerals/electrolytes

Vitamins/minerals/electrolytes​ 2 years 10 months ago #15990

• STONE
  • Expert Boarder
What is everyone using these days? Why are you using it? When are you using it? This is a good topic that could help us all learn something

I use a product made by AgriLabs called "Vitamins & Electrolytes plus". I use it during the hot summer months, in the brooders, and during show season and at shows. I feel it helps birds maintain a constant level of energy during the stressful times of the year. An old gamefowl breeder used this for all 2000 plus birds about 2 times a week and swore by it.

I have also used red cell in the water and feed to give them some added vitamins and minerals. I am not sure if I like it on the feed as much as I do the water... What do you guys think?

I also use Manna Pro's Kickin Chicken and cod liver oil for young birds in their last stages of putting on adult feathers as well as older birds in the molt.

Lets hear from some others...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Vitamins/minerals/electrolytes​ 2 years 10 months ago #15997

• kjundog
  • Platinum Boarder
Apple Cider Vinegar (Braggs unfiltered with the mother) and red cell in the water. I do this 3 times a week year around for everything. Breeders in the breeding season also get a gelcap of norwegian salmon oil and and a vitamin e with a d-alpha. This is also given when I condition showbirds but increased to every other day.For birds during a molt and growing feathers find a diet that contains 4 main things. Moisture, protein, fibre and sulfur. These are the things feathers are mainly made up of. A great source of sulfur and fibre is cabbage leaves.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.374 seconds