Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WORMS

Re: WORMS 5 years 2 months ago #3631

• CHOCTAW
  • Gold Boarder
I HAVE USED A LITTLE OF IT ALL AND THEY ALL WORK IF YOU USE IT OFTEN ENOUGH. MY FAVORITE AND I HAVE USED IT FOR YEARS IS IVERMEC POUR ON I PUT A LITTLE UNDER THE VENT AND IT HELPS TO GET RID OF MITES AS WELL AS INTERNAL PERISITES. IAM NOT TELLING ANY ONE ELSE TO USE IT BUT IT WORKS FOR ME AND I KEEP IT ON HAND AS WELL AS FRONT LINE.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: WORMS 5 years 2 months ago #3632

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Ivomec is a powerful drug and should only be used in small doses. Overdosing birds will be hazardous to their health.I would only place one drop on the bird's tongue or use a catheter if you want to put down the throat. The catheter will allow you to bypass the lungs and go straight into the crop. It is much safer to use a product that you can apply to the skin. Ivomec only lasts about 10 days in the birds system and they will need to be re-wormed again after that to get the larva that have hatched.

Re: WORMS 5 years 2 months ago #3644

• aba331
I have used Ivomec also and have ruined/killed some good birds. I use safe guard sheep wormer. I put the cap on the bottle full in 5 gallons of water for 3 days, and after 7 days I repeat the dose. Works great for me.

Anthony

Re: WORMS 5 years 2 months ago #3645

• raven
  • Senior Boarder
anthony i have used safegard several different ways , i used to get the pellets instead of the granules , i guess you can still get the granules , but the pellets were cheaper , i would grind them and put the granules in a 00 gelatin capsule , and give 2 to large fowl , i still get the paste and squeeze out about 1/4 inch out of the smaller syringe looking dispenser and just break it off in their mouth for individual birds , also use it for my dog i had talked to pete brown at 1st state supply about valbazen , he asked me what i was using , he told me to stay with what i have as theyre sister drugs , so i did raven

Re: WORMS 5 years 2 months ago #3646

• aba331
What I get is a liquid. I have also dosed it, one drop down the throat. It works either way.

Re: WORMS 4 years 10 months ago #4978

• dhw

Re: WORMS 4 years 10 months ago #4979

• CHOCTAW
  • Gold Boarder
Good stuff Greg.

Re: WORMS 3 years 7 months ago #11402

• dhw

Re: WORMS 3 years 7 months ago #11404

• robjesup88
  • Expert Boarder
Boggycreek wrote:

Very good read!!! Thanks for posting!

WORMS 3 years 3 months ago #12343

• Electrichicken
I have been using this for a while and it works great and is easy to administer. I soak it in water or some of my soured feed liquid until it breaks down then I add the same amount of feed, usually a crumble. I give about a teaspoon of this to each bird and repeat again in two weeks. I try to do this about every 3 months and have not had a problem with worms.
10339753_10205056566157664_7323438607992050505_n.jpg
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds