Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mites

Re: Mites 5 years 8 months ago #509

• cliftonranch
  • Senior Boarder
The injectable Ivomec foes under the tongue - a few drops will do fine. I love the results!

Cydectin or Ivomec pour on should only be applied externally.

I did not have good luck with the Cydectin. 2 weeks after treatment, the mites were worse. I ended up having to reworm and de mite the flock.
Everyone got dipped in permethrin and given a dose of regular Ivomec.

I have also tried a cattle delousing agent trade name of Saber for mites. Its oil base and stays on for a long time and does a good job. The active drug is lambdacyhalophrin and it is commonly used in poultry houses.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Mites 5 years 8 months ago #521

• CHOCTAW
  • Gold Boarder
:ohmy: I have tried the ivormec pouron and Front Line and still use them both, however i find that the Front Line last longer so for thoes that have a lot of birds i would recommend FL. Oh by the way i found a bottle of FL that had been open and used once then stored a way ,you know one of them you put it up and don't remember where :unsure: any wys 6 yars later i found it in a drawer in the barn, took it out used it and worked as good as if it was new, so the shelf life is pretty good on FL

Re: Mites 5 years 8 months ago #523

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Ivomec is for internal parasites and only stays in the bird's system about 10 days. It will not get roundworms. I would use the pour-on just to worm and the Frontline for the mites. I

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #821

• duckwing4
  • Fresh Boarder
for those who use frontline how often do you spray your birds

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #825

• Felix
  • Expert Boarder
I sprayed mine about 2 months ago and have been monitoring them for mites and haven't seen any mites, I'm located in South Ms though. Different locations are gonna give you different results.

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #868

• tater
frontline kills the adult,larva ,egg. adams will kill the adult mites but will not break the cycle. the adams is good to use before taking birds to the show to keep the mites off that could be at the show. we will try DUSTINS recipe. with alot of birds to spray, frontline will be costly .
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by tater.

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #941

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
I use the Frontline and have not seen any mites on my birds for as long as three months. Different locations may vary but Frontline is the best in my book. I'm using Dustin's mix too.
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Barry.

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #1053

• tater
the nighttime temps are starting to climb. a good time to dip those birds. get ahead of those pesky MITES !!!!

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #1055

• silver2
  • Expert Boarder
how do you apply the front line and how much per bird....

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #1057

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
I use the method Andy Barnes uses. I go to the Dollar store and get a bottle of eye drops, empty the solution out, and fill it with Frontline. I then apply one or two drops on the skin below the vent. The eyedrop applicator makes it very easy to control the amount of Frontline dosed and you don't waste any or overdose your birds. One or two drops is enough. If you use the squirt bottle that the product comes in, you can't control it and there is a lot of waste. When I first started using Frontline, I squirted them and make several sick for a few days.
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds