Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mites

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #1059

• aba331
I use the eye drop method also.l I have sprayed them before to. I never had one get sick. The spray as far as I know does not absorb threw the skin like the drops that come in the squeeze tubes. It has some of the same active ingredients but works totally different. It is a surface treatment. I could be wrong, but I do not think so. My chickens are to broad to reach around to their vents to mess with it anyway..LOL
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #1060

• Del
  • Expert Boarder
I used the spray about 2 months ago on 35 or 40 adult birds. I sprayed above their vent, under each wing, and the back of their hackle. Was it a bit excessive ? Possibly, but the chickens did fine, and the mites had a bad day!
Raising and Exhibiting BB Red Male Line, BTB Male Line.
Joshua 24:15 ... But as for me and my house we will serve the LORD !

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #1061

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Frontline is absorbed through the skin. Only one or two drops is all it takes to kill the mites.

Mites 5 years 7 months ago #1062

• Del
  • Expert Boarder
The frontline drops like you buy in a 3 or 6 pack has a different carrier agent then the stuff that comes in a squirt bottle. Both active ingredients are fipronell. However you use it, if it works then it's right for you. To each his own to sort of speak.
Raising and Exhibiting BB Red Male Line, BTB Male Line.
Joshua 24:15 ... But as for me and my house we will serve the LORD !

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #1093

• Electrichicken
This is all great information that I will add to my collection. Thanks to all that have contributed... so far B)

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #1135

• Felix
  • Expert Boarder
BioSPOTĀ® DEFENSE Flea & Tick Spray

For dogs and puppies. Contains 0.50% Etofenprox and 0.27% (S)-Methoprene. Provides quick relief and kills visible fleas and ticks on your pet immediately. Fast-acting formula kills and repels fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. Kills flea eggs and controls flea infestation for up to 2 months. Kills more than 90% of fleas and 80% of ticks in 1 day.

Dustin my nephew gets this stuff for his dogs and I sprayed some miniature layers with it around the same time I sprayed frontline on my OEGs and it didn't kill them as quick but they have none present and still don't so as of right now its running neck and neck with frontline, has anyone else tried this?

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #1142

• duckwing4
  • Fresh Boarder
when using frontline spray how much do you use per bird and how often

Re: Mites 5 years 7 months ago #1151

• Felix
  • Expert Boarder
depends on mites. I had a broken elbow and once it healed the mites were bad. I put a spray under the vent and under each wing. Noth that everything is okay and I get normal mite infestations I use half a spray under the vent. When I do up upkeep I use an eye dropper and just two or three drops under the vent

Re: Mites 5 years 5 months ago #1891

• tater
just got back from wallyworld, pet armor 50.00 for two packs,alchol 2.50 for a big bottle. thats enough to make 3 rounds of spray.

Re: Mites 5 years 5 months ago #1908

• cmshaner
  • Junior Boarder
tater mind if i ask your mixture? does it last as long as just putting a drop or two above the tail of straight fipronil
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds