Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: feed

feed 5 years 11 months ago #2679

• marty2
  • Fresh Boarder
Just started showing this past Nov.and have meet alot of nice people at the shows. I would to know if oaks are good for my birds. I feed flock riser during show season
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: feed 5 years 11 months ago #2680

• dhw
I've heard that they won't eat oats. I feed wheat.

Re: feed 5 years 11 months ago #2681

• viczoe0
  • Fresh Boarder
Personally my birds will not eat oats(spoiled maybe?)As I have heard of some people who do. I use whole wheat as my grain of choice. With the price of feed these days you want them to eat it not waste it.

Heather
Breeding quality OEG for 23+ years Black, BBR,Crele,Blue,White
APA/ABA Licensed judge

feed 5 years 11 months ago #2682

• Del
  • Expert Boarder
I've been mixing in oat groats (yaggies) and they love it.
Raising and Exhibiting BB Red Male Line, BTB Male Line.
Joshua 24:15 ... But as for me and my house we will serve the LORD !

Re: feed 5 years 11 months ago #2683

• Electrichicken
I normally feed a crumble, but the feed store mistakenly gave me pellets and before I noticed I had already opened the bag. I like using pellets with my large egg layers because it they seem to not waste anything. Some of my Old English just won't eat the pellets as well as the crumbles. It may just be me and more of the crumble is actually ending up mixed into the bedding or ground. I have topped it with a little wheat germ oil and it seemed to get there attention. Hopefully they will get use to it and I can start using it.

Re: feed 5 years 9 months ago #4354

• dhw
I'm thinking about getting away from Crumbles as they seem to go stale faster. I'm looking at going to the Big V game bird breeder pellets at the bottom. The one in the middle is fed by some other breeders I know. Here are the tags for comparison.

ALLWAY KERNELS

Complete feed for starting and growing chickens (broilers 3 to 6 weeks and laying replacements 0 to 18 weeks). Supplement for finishing and growing laying chickens.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:

Crude Protein, min.....................…………...............20.00%

Lysine, min..........................................……….….....1.00%

Methionine, min.................................………............0.45%

Crude Fat, min.....................................………….......2.80%

Crude Fiber, max................................…………........6.00%

Calcium (Ca), min...............................…………........1.00%

Calcium (Ca), max................................…………......1.50%

Phosphorus (P), min...............................………….....0.75%

Salt (NaCl), min.....................................………….....0.25%

Salt (NaCl), max..................................………….......0.75%

INGREDIENTS:

Ground Yellow Corn, Soybean Meal, Wheat Shorts, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Dried Distillers Grain with Solubles, Lignin Sulfonate, Calcium Carbonate, Animal Protein Products, Monocalcium/Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, DL Methionine, Dried Lactobacillus Fermentation Products, Dried Enterococcus Fermentation Products, Dried Subtillis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Brewers Yeast, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Copper Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K Activity), Vitamin D3 Supplement,, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, and Thiamin Mononitrate.

FEEDING DIRECTIONS:

Start feeding this feed as the sole ration to free-range and confined chickens, geese and ducks until laying age ( up to 18 to 20 weeks). As an option, feed free-choice oyster shell and grit. For laying flock, switch to Big V Laying Feed. Always provide a constant supply of fresh, clean water and shelter. A feeding program is only as effective as the management practices. Results may vary depending upon feed intake, environmental conditions and the quality of management practices.

RUMINANT MEAT AND BONE MEAL FREE!

GAME BIRD GROWER PELLETS

MEDICATED

For Growing Quail.

For the prevention of ulcerative enteritis in growing quail due to Clostridium colinum susceptible to Bacitracin Methylene Disalicylate.

ACTIVE DRUG INGREDIENT CODE #

Bacitracin Methylene Disalicylate…...200g/ton LOT #

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:

Crude Protein, Min...........……………….............22.00%

Lysine, Min............................………………...........1.20%

Methionine, Min..................……………….............0.50%

Crude Fat, Min............……………….....................2.75%

Crude Fiber, Max......………………......................4.75%

Calcium (Ca), Min...………………........................0.95%

Calcium (Ca), Max..……………….........................1.45%

Phosphorus (P), Min.……………….......................0.80%

Salt (NaCl), Min.........………………......................0.20%

Salt (NaCl), Max........………………......................0.70%

INGREDIENTS:

Ground Yellow Corn, Soybean Meal, Wheat Middling, Animal Protein Products, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Monocalcium/Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Niacin Supplement, Folic Acid, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite, Biotin, Ethylenediammine Dihydroiodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Dried Lactobacillius Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Lactis Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Product, Dried Enterococcus Cremoris Fermentation Products, Dried Enterococcus Diacetilactis Fermentation Product, Dried B-Subtillis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oruzae Fermentation Product, Dried Brewers Yeast, Distillers with Solubles, and mineral oil.

FEEDING DIRECTIONS:

Feed continuously as the sole ration. Feed from 7 weeks of age and older. If raising birds for release, do not get the birds overly fat during the growing stage. Provide clean fresh water.

GAME BIRD BREEDER PELLETS

For Breeding Quail.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:

Crude Protein, Min...........……………….............20.00%

Lysine, Min............................………………...........1.10%

Methionine, Min..................………...…….............0.50%

Crude Fat, Min............……………….....................3.00%

Crude Fiber, Max......………………......................3.75%

Calcium (Ca), Min...………………........................2.75%

Calcium (Ca), Max..……………….........................3.25%

Phosphorus (P), Min.……………….......................0.75%

Salt (NaCl), Min.........………………......................0.20%

Salt (NaCl), Max........………………......................0.70%

INGREDIENTS:

Ground Yellow Corn, Ground Milo Grain, Soybean Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Animal Protein Products, Wheat Middling, Monocalcium/Dicalcium Phosphate, Soybean Oil, Salt, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Niacin Supplement, Folic Acid, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite, Biotin, Ethylenediammine Dihydroiodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Dried Lactobacillius Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Lactis Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Product, Dried Enterococcus Cremoris Fermentation Products, Dried Enterococcus Diacetilactis Fermentation Product, Dried B-Subtillis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oruzae Fermentation Product, Dried Brewers Yeast, Distillers with Solubles, and mineral oil.

FEEDING DIRECTIONS:

Feed continuously as the sole ration. Provide clean fresh water.

20% HI-PRO EGG KERNELS

A supplement to scratch grain, or complete feed for laying chickens after age 18 weeks and throughout egg production cycle.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:

Crude Protein, min.....................……...............20.00%

Lysine, min......................................….…...........1.05%

Methionine, min.............................….…............0.44%

Crude Fat, min.................................….…..........2.85%

Crude Fiber, max...............................….…........5.50%

Calcium (Ca), min...........................……............3.80%

Calcium (Ca), max..........................……............4.80%

Phosphorus (P), min.........................……...........0.75%

Salt (NaCl), min.................................……........0.15%

Salt (NaCl), max....................................…….....0.65%

INGREDIENTS:

Ground Yellow Corn Meal, Soybean Meal, Wheat Shorts, Calcium Carbonate, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Animal Protein Products, Monocalcium/Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, DL Methionine, Dried Lactobacillus Fermentation Products, Dried Enterococcus Fermentation Products, Dried Subtillis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Brewers Yeast, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Copper Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K Activity), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, and Thiamine Mononitrate.

FEEDING DIRECTIONS:

Feed free-choice as the sole ration to free-range and confined laying chickens after 18 weeks of age and throughout laying cycle.

For off season: Keep in feeder for free choice feeding. Feed BIG V Scratch Grains separately in the afternoon. Keep plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times and feed oyster shell and grit free choice for better egg production. A feeding program is only as effective as the management practices. Results may vary depending upon feed intake, environmental conditions and the quality of management practices.

Last Edit: 5 years 9 months ago by dhw.

Re: feed 5 years 9 months ago #4356

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
If you feed by volume you have to remember that the same volume of pellets will outweigh the same amount of Krumbled feeds so you have to feed less volume of the pelleted feed and make adjustments to your amounts of feed.
Bill

feed 5 years 9 months ago #4357

• Del
  • Expert Boarder
My experience is they will not eat the pellets as well as crumbles.
Raising and Exhibiting BB Red Male Line, BTB Male Line.
Joshua 24:15 ... But as for me and my house we will serve the LORD !

Re: feed 5 years 9 months ago #4359

• dhw
Bill, what range of fiber do they need?

Re: feed 5 years 9 months ago #4360

• CHOCTAW
  • Gold Boarder
I am feeding a pellet 20% it is smaller than most laying pellets. I have tried the crumbles and i like the pellet the best. For me i have less waste. and you don't have o worry about it getting stale. I know that when I was feeding crumbles made from the same CO. it looked as if the were eating it but they were wasting lot it is just harder to see. It takes a while to go from crumbles to pellets but not so long to go from pellets to crumbles and some people thanks they just won't eat it but they will. I know that every situation is not the same and every persons idea s not the same as far as feeding but pellet verses crumbles , I am a pellet feeder with a little etras from time to time.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds