Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: feed

feed 5 years 4 weeks ago #4363

• Del
  • Expert Boarder
I like the idea of of pellets but when I fed them some of the birds would just stand there and look at it. Actually lost a couple because they flat refused to eat them.
Bill when I raised show pigs moormans feed company had a mini-pellets to feed the baby's. Is there anyway to get the feed in mini-pellet form?
Raising and Exhibiting BB Red Male Line, BTB Male Line.
Joshua 24:15 ... But as for me and my house we will serve the LORD !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: feed 5 years 4 weeks ago #4367

• twistedfeather
  • Senior Boarder
I feed a crumbles,but I have got birds from people that feed pellets and a day or to they start to eat them. I do pen them beside other birds to. I would feed pellets if they was smaller than laying pellets. I just don't like the size of most pellets a medium size would be great if the protein was good.

Re: feed 5 years 4 weeks ago #4372

• dhw
William, the size of the pellet is really small on the big v feed. 20% protein. Either one of these would work great.

GAME BIRD BREEDER PELLETS

For Breeding Quail.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:

Crude Protein, Min...........……………….............20.00%

Lysine, Min............................………………...........1.10%

Methionine, Min..................………...…….............0.50%

Crude Fat, Min............……………….....................3.00%

Crude Fiber, Max......………………......................3.75%

Calcium (Ca), Min...………………........................2.75%

Calcium (Ca), Max..……………….........................3.25%

Phosphorus (P), Min.……………….......................0.75%

Salt (NaCl), Min.........………………......................0.20%

Salt (NaCl), Max........………………......................0.70%

INGREDIENTS:

Ground Yellow Corn, Ground Milo Grain, Soybean Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Animal Protein Products, Wheat Middling, Monocalcium/Dicalcium Phosphate, Soybean Oil, Salt, DL-Methionine, Choline Chloride, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Niacin Supplement, Folic Acid, Menadione Dimethylpyrimidinol Bisulfite, Biotin, Ethylenediammine Dihydroiodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Dried Lactobacillius Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Lactis Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum Product, Dried Enterococcus Cremoris Fermentation Products, Dried Enterococcus Diacetilactis Fermentation Product, Dried B-Subtillis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oruzae Fermentation Product, Dried Brewers Yeast, Distillers with Solubles, and mineral oil.

FEEDING DIRECTIONS:

Feed continuously as the sole ration. Provide clean fresh water.

RUMINANT MEAT AND BONE MEAL FREE!

20% HI-PRO EGG KERNELS

A supplement to scratch grain, or complete feed for laying chickens after age 18 weeks and throughout egg production cycle.

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:

Crude Protein, min.....................……...............20.00%

Lysine, min......................................….…...........1.05%

Methionine, min.............................….…............0.44%

Crude Fat, min.................................….…..........2.85%

Crude Fiber, max...............................….…........5.50%

Calcium (Ca), min...........................……............3.80%

Calcium (Ca), max..........................……............4.80%

Phosphorus (P), min.........................……...........0.75%

Salt (NaCl), min.................................……........0.15%

Salt (NaCl), max....................................…….....0.65%

INGREDIENTS:

Ground Yellow Corn Meal, Soybean Meal, Wheat Shorts, Calcium Carbonate, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Animal Protein Products, Monocalcium/Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt, DL Methionine, Dried Lactobacillus Fermentation Products, Dried Enterococcus Fermentation Products, Dried Subtillis Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Brewers Yeast, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Copper Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Biotin, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K Activity), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, and Thiamine Mononitrate.

FEEDING DIRECTIONS:

Feed free-choice as the sole ration to free-range and confined laying chickens after 18 weeks of age and throughout laying cycle.

For off season: Keep in feeder for free choice feeding. Feed BIG V Scratch Grains separately in the afternoon. Keep plenty of clean, fresh water available at all times and feed oyster shell and grit free choice for better egg production. A feeding program is only as effective as the management practices. Results may vary depending upon feed intake, environmental conditions and the quality of management practices.

RUMINANT MEAT AND BONE MEAL FREE!
Last Edit: 5 years 4 weeks ago by dhw.

Re: feed 5 years 4 weeks ago #4373

• dhw
Bill the 2 below look really similar. Can you expand on the differences?

Re: feed 5 years 4 weeks ago #4380

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
While labeling and the analysis tag can look very much alike there are some small differences that can give you some clues on the qualities of the feeds. The percentages of the essentials are better in the one feed and the fact that the fiber content is lower is one of the things that let you know it has a higher quality amount of the good ingredients. Of course there are things that I can see on labels that are there because I have learned it from years of comparing tags with formulations. It would be nice if everyone had to make and ingredient and amount list so you could see what actually is in your feeds. The vita pak is more in the Game Bird Breeder and the Calcium is sufficient for layers. Calcium is one of those cheap fillers that are in feeds that would actually be better bought and supplied in other forms. It is ground limestone and cost nearly nothing.
There is no substitute for knowing your feed manufacturer and their integrity for quality. Everyone talks the game about their quality but you are trusting them to do it.
Those little things like the Lysine and the Methionine are some good things and the fat content is another. The lower fiber is another thing that clues you to quality. It is hard to explain how the yread closely to the same with a giant difference in them but by the formulation the Game Bird Breeder is of higher quality ingredients and more of them.
I hope this helps someone but the best way to tell the quality of your feeds are to watch the birds closely, they will tell you what kind of feed you are feeding.
Bill

Re: feed 5 years 4 weeks ago #4384

• dhw
Thanks Bill! The information you give is very helpful.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds