Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: feather mites

feather mites 4 years 11 months ago #6147

• Del
  • Expert Boarder
On the frontline drops it all has the same percentage of fipronil in it, the only thing that is different is the volume. So I'd buy the red box 88-132 lbs. It has around 4ml in it.
Raising and Exhibiting BB Red Male Line, BTB Male Line.
Joshua 24:15 ... But as for me and my house we will serve the LORD !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: feather mites 4 years 7 months ago #7057

• Electrichicken
I have been using Feather Fixer buy Nutrena for a bout a month now and I believe it does a good job of keeping the mites off my birds. I am only feeding it to a few select birds at the moment, mainly due to the expense. I can only get the feed in a small 7lb bag at a price of 5.99 a bag. Has anyone else used this product yet and if so what are your results?

Re: feather mites 4 years 7 months ago #7124

I myself have used this feather fixer by nutrena. I can't say that it helps or not. I do like the fact that the pellets are smaller than the layena that I've fed in the past. I can pick it up for around $13.99 for a 50lb bag. I've also tried the flock raiser in the past and they don't seem to like it as much.

Re: feather mites 4 years 6 months ago #7356

• Electrichicken
With Feather Fixer I have noticed that they seem to clean the feed up better than some of the other feeds I have used in the past.

Re: feather mites 4 years 6 months ago #7360

• Blood54
  • Expert Boarder
What is the protein percent in feather fixer?
Ronnie Youngblood

Re: feather mites 4 years 6 months ago #7361

• Blood54
  • Expert Boarder
I found it. \

Nutrient Level
Crude Protein 18.0%
Lysine 0.75%
Methionine 0.35%
Crude Fat 4.0%
Crude Fiber 6.0%
Calcium 3.7 - 3.9%
Phosphorus 0.45%
Salt 0.25 - 0.65%
Sodium 0.15 - 0.23%
Ronnie Youngblood

Re: feather mites 4 years 6 months ago #7369

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm not so sure that Frontline will kill feather mites. Frontline is absorbed into the skin and since feathers are like our hair, I don't think that it would reach them. I like Permethrine better. What do you folks say about this?

Re: feather mites 4 years 6 months ago #7381

• raven
  • Senior Boarder
barry i havent post much of my thoughts on feather mites , what really bugs me is people ask a question , i give them a good working answer , that i know works , the next day , theyre back on the site asking the same thing of some one else , i had this happen a few days ago , i feel as though im wasting my time , and i never reply to any ones questions that does this again , i dont know it all but if i dont know i find some one who does , and if i have a problem i experiment and try different avenues if anyone is int , would post this , black as far as posting birds , i can post a good bird and very little is said about it , but if a junker is posted its the rage of the age , SUPPORT THE OE CLUB ,
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshgriffin, Barry

Re: feather mites 4 years 6 months ago #7391

• Electrichicken
I think it is good to repeat good topics as well as good answers. They get buried in the post and new people may not take the time to read thru all the post. I tend to need some things repeated more than once. Thanks for the extra effort :)

feather mites 11 months 3 weeks ago #18857

• Shanesbantams
  • Expert Boarder
Has anyone ever delt with a mite that cause the tail feathers to stay in the casing for 3-4" and when it comes out it's damaged? What kind of mite is this and how do you treat it?
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds