Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Soaking feed or feeding it dry

Soaking feed or feeding it dry 3 years 11 months ago #12344

• Electrichicken
I tried soaked oats and couldn't get them to eat it, or at least they were not eating much of it. I started soaking hen scratch with the addition of a little wheat germ oil and red cell mixed in. I also add a little rabbit pellet to the mixture. I just wish I could get it without the milo. I think the oats are actually smaller in the hen scratch than when I bought a 50 lb bag of it. I have noticed a big difference in the bodies on my birds and am a believer in fermented feeds at this point.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Soaking feed or feeding it dry 3 years 10 months ago #12681

• preacherrusty
  • Gold Boarder
Glad to see this thread cause I defenately needed some help for dry & brittle feathers

Soaking feed or feeding it dry 3 years 6 months ago #14651

• Shanesbantams
  • Expert Boarder
Can someone tell there mix with the oats red cell and wheat germ oil and how long you soak.

Soaking feed or feeding it dry 3 years 6 months ago #14655

• kjundog
  • Platinum Boarder
Rusty, For dry and brittle feathers I am not sure if feedinga wet feed will help. When feathers are coming in I like to dip my birds in a five gallon bucket with 1 ounce of malithion and about 4 gallons of water. This helps feathers come in less dry and brittle while the malithion also guards against lice and mites that can cause feather damage. I do occasionally soak my cocker's ration in redcell mostly as a conditioner certain times of the year. I just pour it straight on using enough to coat the batch lightly in a bucket mix it up and let stand one day.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by kjundog.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds