Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: EGG PRODUCTION

EGG PRODUCTION 4 years 9 months ago #8036

• CHOCTAW
  • Gold Boarder
I have been hearing a lot about this stuff called Breeder Solution to get your egg production up and males fertile. MY question is has any body out there used it and what is your opinion. I have also heared that Wheat Germ Oil works just as good . I have tried a lot of the stuff like high protien dog food ACV crused red pepper and a couple more and as far as i am concerened it really didn't help or improve my egg production or fertility, So what is your thought on the first two Breeder Soulotion and or Wheat Germ ? :unsure:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: EGG PRODUCTION 4 years 9 months ago #8041

• catman
  • Senior Boarder
Some people swear by Breeders solution I am using it Or should I say I am trying it My breeders have been on it for 30 days under lights for 45 days.Truthfully I have yet to see the results that others claim to get,It may be because of the losey weather we have been having.In my case the jury is still out.
Bill

Re: EGG PRODUCTION 4 years 9 months ago #8043

• Okiebantams
  • Gold Boarder
Jerry, I talk to a fella up north and his futility and hatch rate early on is terrible because its so cold and he if putting it to the test. He was just about to set his first set of eggs so it will be alittle bit before he can tell. I know Bill Trammell was using it and he thought it had helped

Re: EGG PRODUCTION 4 years 9 months ago #8044

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
I always feed some sort of vita min packs to my birds and this breeder solution is what I have become accustomed to using. It is not expensive and my birds seem to be doing good on it. I have not hatched many eggs but the latter part of fall hatching the fertility went up the longer I used it so I am satisfied it did help me. I started my laying hens on it a few weeks ago and they are laying good even though they may have been ready to go to laying. I use it on my chicks and everything and mix it daily with the water supplies.
Bill

Re: EGG PRODUCTION 4 years 9 months ago #8045

• Okiebantams
  • Gold Boarder
Bill I was thinking that you were happy with it so far so I ordered some myself and started it about a week ago. I also heard to use red pepper but have never tried it and was wondering if anybody else used it and do you think it helped? I was thinking about using it this year also

Re: EGG PRODUCTION 4 years 9 months ago #8046

• CHOCTAW
  • Gold Boarder
David I have used the red pepper I could not tell any difference In production , some people swear by it but I quit using it. I think we all grab for something to make laying and fertility better but some time you just can't beat mother nature.

Re: EGG PRODUCTION 4 years 9 months ago #8047

• Bill
  • Gold Boarder
Jerry you are absolutely right in what you are saying. Everyone thinks they want a barn to put their birds in and for lighting for extra hours it is really nice to have but there is nothing to beat outside in the open air and sunlight for them to do well. It sure is hard to coax eggs from them when the daylight hours are 11 hours though.
When I get ready for mine to lay I adjust the lighting time to 13 hours and feed them the 20% egg and the Breeder solution and wait. Usually I am able to fill the incubator tray full each week so I have a hatch coming off every week. I sure do like the birds outside though. They are just healthier in the sun and fresh air!
Bill

Re: EGG PRODUCTION 4 years 9 months ago #8048

• scratch
  • Platinum Boarder
Jerry have you candled them eggs yet to see how your fertility is running so far? I'm fixin to put my first dozen eggs in the incubator. I hope they are fertile.

Re: EGG PRODUCTION 4 years 9 months ago #8049

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
I have used Breeders Solution for the last two seasons and it has helped my birds. The stuff is not a "cure all" but I think that it does give them a boost especially early in the season. I going to continue using it.

Re: EGG PRODUCTION 4 years 9 months ago #8050

• CHOCTAW
  • Gold Boarder
Ernie my first eggs only went in last Sunday so no I haven't candled yet. I only put 17 eggs in so it is a slow to start.
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds