Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sealed Bands

Sealed Bands 1 year 11 months ago #18123

• scratch
  • Platinum Boarder
It is that time of year when we are ordering our bands. I noticed on one of the band ordering threads. blueman made a comment that was a great tip I thought. He said that he liked to take a razor and cut them and place them on his birds. I thought this was a great tip because sometimes I put my bands on to early and sometimes they will throw them like a horse will discard a shoe. Now if I have a bird that lost its band I know now that I can cut the band, put it on the bird and put just a drop of supper glue on it and that band will last the rest of that birds life.
I started this thread hoping that some of our members might share some of their tricks of the trade to the rest of our membership. I would like to hear the pro's and cons on sealed bands. I would also like to thank Mr. Danial Neal for inspiring this thread.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by scratch.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: STONE

Sealed Bands 1 year 11 months ago #18133

• Clink
  • Gold Boarder
I use a pair of dikes to cut the bands and slip them on. It's hard for me to get he bands on at just the right time, so this works better for me
The following user(s) said Thank You: scratch, STONE

Sealed Bands 1 year 11 months ago #18134

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
I cut mine with a pair of box cutters and it works fine. Been doing that for years and the bands can be put on at any time. I only use the bands as records in my breeding program so splitting them doesn't bother me. If you want to make them permanent, follow scratch's advice and put a drop of Super Glue on them.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Barry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scratch, STONE

Sealed Bands 1 year 11 months ago #18135

• STONE
  • Expert Boarder
I did this for the first time last year and have not had any birds lose bands. I am one of those guys who likes to band everything that makes it to a grow out pen and make notes as they mature. I have not thought about the super glue but that is not a bad idea as well. The way these bands are made, the plastic is so durable that even being cut they stay tight and don't really split. The seamless bands sure make record keeping easier in my opinion.
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by STONE.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scratch

Sealed Bands 1 year 11 months ago #18136

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
That's the reason that I use them too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: STONE
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.801 seconds