Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Master Breeder

Re: Master Breeder 6 years 1 month ago #2510

• raven
  • Senior Boarder
the best way to be a master breeder, is raise you some top quality birds , take top care of them , show them a lot , at a lot of different shows , thats the best way , it is expensive but theres a thrill that you get knoswing you did all the work , spent all the time , the sweat in hot weather , freezing you butt in the winter time , thats your reward by winning your class or the show ,its a feeling that you dont get elsewhere ,one of the biggest problems i see you ask a person 50 to 100 dollars for a bird they think youre nuts , you only spent 8 months of your life , plus all of the above and you only have 25 to 30 dollars in him or her , plus all the work good luck raven LUCK IS PREPERATION MEETING OPPORTUNITY !!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: frogman417

Re: Master Breeder 6 years 1 month ago #2516

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
I think that the Master Breeder classification should be reserved for people who breed and raise their own birds only. The Master Exhibitor classification is the proper place for purchased birds to be shown.

Re: Master Breeder 6 years 1 month ago #2520

• tater
100% in agrement with you on that raven, a 100.00 bird is very cheap for a good quaility. put years into raising a good bird and see how much you have in them!! and this master breeder and exibitor goes hand in hand, some master breeders don't know how to show and master exibitor don't how its bred. one can't do well without the other!!!

Re: Master Breeder 6 years 1 month ago #2521

• ronsmith9809
  • Expert Boarder
Sooooooo Who is the master breeder in the Fields. Proctor, Britt camp

Re: Master Breeder 6 years 1 month ago #2526

• tater
its usually a group thing, it works so well, we all like the same type and feather. both otis and kieth were great chicken men before the partnership. now its even better

Re: Master Breeder 6 years 1 month ago #2527

• raven
  • Senior Boarder
you know on master breeders , really the ones i know that i would call master breeders i can count on one hand , one man i call master breeder is niles bates , niles was in an assisted living place last i heard , but he was a master breeder , sheriff got birds from niles , niles got birds from sheriff the same with wl dickson a lot of other people i could name who niles helped and showed them a lot about chickens, i learned more about bantams from him than all others put togather , he had a knack on selecting birds and putting them together , and producing top birds , most on here never heard of him , i know of one friend , dont want to call any names , but he asked niles to come by and help him mate up his pens , which he did about three weeks later , this friend changed his pens back , if niles had come by here and set up my pens and said get rid of the rast , i would have ! NILES TO ME WAS / IS MR MASTER BREEDER RAVEN
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by raven.

Re: Master Breeder 6 years 1 month ago #2528

• tater
warren beal comes to mind in the master breeder,pappy sheiff too

Re: Master Breeder 6 years 1 month ago #2529

• raven
  • Senior Boarder
I DIDNT KNOW WARRN THAT WELL , WE WERE AT BIRMINGHAM ONE TIME AND HE WAS JUDGING IT WAS EARLY AND A LOT OF BIRDS WERE GREEN , ON THE BLACKS HE EITHER PICKED A COCK OR COCKRELL , THAT HAD ABOUT THREE QUARTER OF A TAIL AS BEST . I ASKED SOME ONE WHAT HE WAS DOING , THEY SAID HE PICKS THEM BY WHAT THEYRE GOING TO LOOK LIKE , NOT WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE NOW , WE HAD A NICE , REAL TYPEY SMALL BLACK PULLET , HE HAD PLACED HER FIFTH , SOME ONE POINTED OUT HE HAD 2 FIFTH PLACE BIRDS , HE MARKED HER OUT A FEW WEEKS LATER WE HAD RESERVE SHOW CHAMP WITH HER , RAVEN
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.529 seconds