Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.

TOPIC: WING CARRIAGE

WING CARRIAGE 4 years 1 month ago #12183

• tater britt
  • Expert Boarder
start with females with good wings or the best possible, just remember to cull hard for this, if you hatch and get 10 pullets and only one has a good wing carriage, that is the one you keep! remember type 1st, wing carriage is part of type
The administrator has disabled public write access.

WING CARRIAGE 4 years 1 month ago #12184

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
That would be difficult to answer Randal. I don't think anyone would really know unless they had done that experiment themselves. I would venture a guess and say that it would take at least three or four generations to get that characteristic fixed in your birds.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 911randal

WING CARRIAGE 4 years 1 month ago #12186

• 911randal
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks Tater, that's what I was thinking of Barry maybe some of these guys on here that have done this in the past would enlighten me
Randal Hodges
County Line Bantams (Glen St. Mary, FL)
Breeder of Blue Wheaten,Birchen and Buff Old English Game Bantams

WING CARRIAGE 4 years 1 month ago #12196

• tater britt
  • Expert Boarder
WE HAVE DONE IT WITH THE GINGERS, LOW WINGS, MALE OR FEMALE WITH LOW WING CARRIAGE IS CULLED, HAD ONE OF THE BEST COLORED MALE THAT WE HAVE EVER RAISED, HIT THE SACK BECAUSE OF LOW WING CARRIAGE.
IF YOU GET IT OUT OF YOUR BIRDS DON'T EVER PUT IT BACK
Time to create page: 0.317 seconds