Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hatch

Hatch 4 years 11 months ago #5270

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Seems like this year my hatches have not been as good as in the past few years. I'm averaging about 75% hatch of fertile eggs and I monitor the incubator very closely. I'm raising BB Reds and I've heard from others that they have had problems too. What kind of hatches are others having?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hatch 4 years 11 months ago #5271

• eastert22
  • Senior Boarder
Barry I am having lots of problems this year also, not fertile, and not finish devloping if fertile, only getting about 60% hatch of fertile also.worst year i have ever had, last year i had 150 chicks by now, so for only 18 chicks. puzzleing?????

Re: Hatch 4 years 11 months ago #5272

• TexBantams
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having the same problem down here in Texas I don't know how the weather is where you all live but I think the reason for my poor hatching this season is the drought we are having In Texas may be the same for you all best of luck to all hope the rest of the season is promising to you all

Re: Hatch 4 years 11 months ago #5273

• chickenlady
  • Junior Boarder
I am in Texas and am having the same problems. The other breeds I raise are hatching like crazy. Fertilirty is great on other breeds.

Re: Hatch 4 years 11 months ago #5274

• blueman
  • Expert Boarder
yep berry having problems up in nc hatching,fertility and incubator. when i get eggs fertile, dont hatch but around 50% i had 2 males not fertile that costed 2 weeks got that fixed and then incubator broke, so had to go to a back up, which is 40 years old and i have to turn the eggs by hand. plus one day its above 70 next day in the 50's, that dont help none. last year at this time i was done keeping eggs and had 125 chicks.

Re: Hatch 4 years 11 months ago #5275

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Sounds like I'm not the only one have hatching problems this year. It's been a struggle all Spring for me and I'm just about worn out with it. The last setting is in the incubator now and no matter what happens, I'm done for this year.

Re: Hatch 4 years 11 months ago #5327

• kjundog
  • Platinum Boarder
Got some good news and some bad news. THe good news is with the abundance of water and high humity things have been hatching like crazy around here. The bad news is that it is mosquitos that are hatching.

Re: Hatch 4 years 11 months ago #5329

• Felix
  • Expert Boarder
Opposite here Wayne, having hell hatching really. Also you don't happen to know Jerry tanners number do you? Working nights right now.

Re: Hatch 4 years 11 months ago #5330

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
This has been a cold, wet, and windy Spring. Feels more like November than May. I guess that this terrible weather has affected the birds just like it has me.

Re: Hatch 4 years 11 months ago #5369

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
I took off the last hatch of this year yesterday and I'm happy that it's finished! It's been a hard season! I would guess that the extremely cold and rainy Spring had something to do with it. The breeders just seemed to have a hard time getting going.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds