Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.

TOPIC: Culling

Re: Culling 5 years 8 months ago #1802

• cliftonranch
  • Senior Boarder
People around here like yard birds - bloodline, variety, breed makes no difference. I'm like Del,sell culls, make some folks happy, help out the feed bill.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Culling 5 years 8 months ago #1803

• Felix
  • Expert Boarder
I sell a few when I can to a couple folks that like seeing them on the yard but if I can't sell them then my nephew's feeder sows eat great that day. Gotta feed them some soon, very soon with the feed prices jumping like they are.

Re: Culling 5 years 8 months ago #1804

• tater
whats your pet pev on culling. mines druppy lessers, flat breast,low wing carriage

Re: Culling 5 years 8 months ago #1815

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
I cull for low wing carraige, low tail carraige, long backs, bad wing bow, and anything but a pure black breast.

Re: Culling 5 years 8 months ago #1817

• tater
watch for knock knees, lazy tail,eye color,any bone deformity, missing toe nails,head shape, body shape. if clear of any of these, they make it to the next round. clearly not home free yet!!!!

Re: Culling 5 years 8 months ago #1938

• tater
several ginger cockerls didn't make it to the next round today!!

Re: Culling 5 years 7 months ago #2416

• tater
had a small show today, alot of the wheatons didn't make it back to their pens. very weak wing bays, poor top color, type. the pullets are next. they are getting old enough to cull. culling pens that didn't produce.

Re: Culling 5 years 7 months ago #2423

• CHOCTAW
  • Gold Boarder
Well this year has been challengng year for me . I hatched almost 150 golden and blue goldens duck wings and as to date i have culled do to weak color not type over 100. This may be my last year to raise this variety. i was the only one showing this variety last year here in oklahoma. Not fun and and you have to keep them for so long to cull , feed getting higher, think it may be time to go with my other vaities spend more time with them oh by the way i am not through culling yet. Hope to have enough to show. i have been raisig bgdw and gdw for almost 4 years, time to move on

This may be my last year

Re: Culling 4 years 8 months ago #5971

• dhw
I raise mainly female line birds and I cull my males to the yard until they are near grown. The advantage of that, provided they don't get eaten, is that should one improve you can put them back in the game. Found a wheaten cockerel that molted out some trash in his breast and he might get to come off the bench before long.
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds