Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.
  • Page:

TOPIC: power outage

power outage 4 years 3 months ago #11392

• frogman417
  • Junior Boarder
Power was off for four and a half hours tonight! hatcher had eggs hatching and setter is full. Over this time period the temp dropped to 80 degrees and humidity went up to 72% in both. How does everyone think this situation will work out for both bators?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: power outage 4 years 3 months ago #11393

• 911randal
  • Gold Boarder
Hard to tell, Hens leave there nest for a while and thing s still seem to work out. Keep your fingers crossed and keep us updated on the outcome.
Randal Hodges
County Line Bantams (Glen St. Mary, FL)
Breeder of Blue Wheaten,Birchen and Buff Old English Game Bantams

Re: power outage 4 years 3 months ago #11394

• frogman417
  • Junior Boarder
I will Randall. I got all fingers and toes crossed lol. I have had it happen in the past just not this long. The hatcher doesnt worry me as much as the setter. I put two doz fsdw and a doz sdw from Tim Inabnitt in last sunday and all were fertile when candled last night. I just hope some of them make it. all the others were my eggs and can easily be replaced lol. It will work out. Thank You

Re: power outage 4 years 3 months ago #11397

• arkie-oe
  • Senior Boarder
Here is another story that may relate to the ability of a chick to get out of an egg. On Memorial Day, my wife and were on our way back from Iowa. We stopped in Northern Missouri and picked up 3 1/2 doz eggs. I thought the man was going to be collecting the eggs until we got there. But he just went out and gathered out of two pens and from under setting hens. I put them in the back seat of our car with my wife's shawl over them. Then drove for a little over 5 hrs. home. When we got home, I opened the cartons, put a heating pad and towel over them for the night. Then on Tuesday morning, I took them to Ken's where we do our hatching. We put them in the bator. On day six three hatched. Since then we have hatched 1 to 3 every few days. We have 13 eggs left and next Tuesday will be 21 days. And some of them are looking good.
I would have never thought it.
David

Re: power outage 4 years 3 months ago #11399

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Your eggs should be okay as long as you haven't opened the incubator door.

Re: power outage 4 years 3 months ago #11406

• Blood54
  • Expert Boarder
Had a 5 hour power outage last year in March and hatched 80 percent so don't give up on them.
Ronnie Youngblood

Re: power outage 4 years 3 months ago #11415

• frogman417
  • Junior Boarder
I did similar with goose eggs david. my trip was three hours and put them in the incubator and four days later they hatched. I didnt open it until today to move eggs to the hatcher Barry. candled a few of the eggs and they look good still. I never give up on them thats for sure Blood lol. Thanks for your input everyone. Yall have given me a little more faith

Re: power outage 4 years 2 months ago #11573

• frogman417
  • Junior Boarder
update on the eggs. a batch of thirty two guineas come off ten days ago and twenty seven of them hatched along with ten turkey eggs. this past weekend the ones that were in a week come off. out of twenty two fsdw, five died during or right after the outage and of the other seventeen, fourteen hatched. eight sdw, one died during or after the outage and the other seven hatched. one more batch and the outage affected eggs will be finished. Thanks for the advice everyone
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds