Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.
  • Page:

TOPIC: GQF Hova-Bator 1602N

GQF Hova-Bator 1602N 3 years 1 month ago #15142

• scratch
  • Platinum Boarder
I will not call my hatching season "BAD" but maybe more to the "not the best season I ever had". I do have my roll-x going now and it is not a new one but new to me.
With that going on I thought I would do a 'review' if you would like to call it that on the GQF 1602N. I have heard a lot of debate on these little inexpensive Styrofoam incubators.
My personal experience with them to date has been quite good. With that being said I am talking about GQF and them only.
I will say with my GQF I did install a fan to have continuous circulation. I believe that is a must have in any incubator.
This will not be my first year to use the Hova-Bator but it will be my first time this year. I will post pictures egg counts and candle percentages and hatch percentages also.
I think one of the cons with this little incubator is "User Friendly" and what I mean by that is, manually turning the eggs. I have heard of buying the electric egg turners but I also read that the little motors on the egg turners could cause a differential in the temperature.
For my review I will not be using an automatic turner and I will be turning by hand.
With all that being said, I will put out my disclaimer now. I am definitely not a pro at hatching eggs. I would consider myself a novice as any other. I am only doing this for the fun that I believe I will have, add a few extra birds to my flock, and if I am lucky, help another fellow hobbyist along the way.
I will be posting pics in the near future.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

GQF Hova-Bator 1602N 3 years 1 month ago #15145

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
That sounds great scratch! We need reviews like yours to help other people who may be thinking of using that type of incubator in the future.

GQF Hova-Bator 1602N 3 years 1 month ago #15149

• billygrooms
  • Gold Boarder
I use the circulated air styrofoam incubator for a hatcher and have great success
Billy Grooms
(813)433-8422
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
40813 river road
Dade city,Florida 33525

GQF Hova-Bator 1602N 3 years 1 month ago #15150

• scratch
  • Platinum Boarder
Billy I have always thought about using mine for a hatcher. Thanks for the info. what do you use for dividers?

GQF Hova-Bator 1602N 3 years 1 month ago #15154

• billygrooms
  • Gold Boarder
I made little baskets out of hardware cloth
Billy Grooms
(813)433-8422
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
40813 river road
Dade city,Florida 33525

GQF Hova-Bator 1602N 3 years 1 month ago #15156

• chad m
  • Fresh Boarder
Try using onion sacks to separate them easy to use with no mistakes.

GQF Hova-Bator 1602N 3 years 1 month ago #15161

• tidered77
  • Senior Boarder
I have never used the 1602,but I can recommend the 1588 Genesis. I have 3 of them. You can find them at GQFMFG.com. For the price you can't beat them.
Greg Alexander - Boaz, Al. - GPS Bantams - Member of Heart Of Dixie Poultry Club - Always The 2nd Saturday In October,1st Saturday in February.

GQF Hova-Bator 1602N 3 years 1 month ago #15164

• kjundog
  • Platinum Boarder
I also have 2 GQF Genesis and love them. I used mine more then I used my cabinet this year. Hatching the large games in the cabinet and the bantams in the genesis with no auto turn system. I especially like the way the humidity wells are in an insert and not molded into the styrofoam like the older models. That is great for cleaning and disinfecting.

GQF Hova-Bator 1602N 3 years 1 month ago #15179

• billygrooms
  • Gold Boarder
I agree i wash after every hatch and don't have the mess and chick down in my cabinet
Billy Grooms
(813)433-8422
40813 river road
Dade city,Florida 33525

GQF Hova-Bator 1602N 3 years 4 weeks ago #15201

• scratch
  • Platinum Boarder
UPDATE: I loaded 25 eggs in the 1602 on 5/17/2015. I think I will candle them on Wednesday. I was wanting to load a few pics but I am having tech issues with my camera. LOL...Hope to get some pics on here soon.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds