Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Turning the Lights On!

Turning the Lights On! 2 years 7 months ago #16814

• scratch
  • Platinum Boarder
I know most of you guys have already turned the lights on and probably have the incubators going. I have even heard some guys bragging on already hatched chicks. Not me. LOL I'm running about 30 days behind. I moved some brood pens around today and set up some lights and hopefully get the light going in the next day or two. If I can get some male lines hatched in March I will be happy.? We will see.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Turning the Lights On! 2 years 7 months ago #16819

• kjundog
  • Platinum Boarder
Ernie, You hurt my feelings. You know what a sensitive guy I am. LOL. I'm not bragging when I say I got 90 Birchens hatched and 20 Columbians and another 100 eggs set in the bator. Need the White Wyandottes and female line BB's to crank it up before I start bragging.LOL. Besides that, what I have hatched so far will probably all be culls anyway.

Turning the Lights On! 2 years 7 months ago #16824

• scratch
  • Platinum Boarder
LOL kdog you are not the only one that has all those babies hatched out. Several of these guys are hatching them out. And these guys are serious too. The competition level in the Old English world just gets higher each year. And don't think that they are not going to raise the bar this next year. Cant wait to see what is in store for us next season.

Turning the Lights On! 2 years 7 months ago #16826

• kjundog
  • Platinum Boarder
Ernie, That is the real pleasure in this hobby. You can be as serious as you want to or just raise some to please yourself and teach your kids the responsibility of caring for livestock. I like it for what is is. Therapy. When I am with my birds all my troubles leave my mind. But you are correct when you say the competition in the showroom is heating up. This is obvious when you start seeing some of the lesser varieties show up on champion row. That is only through persistence and dedication that this is possible. I also applaud the judges for recognizing a good specimen and not afraid to put it up there. One day I may be able to put a Columbian or Birchen up there but there is still much to be done before this happens. Can't ever see myself not having BB Reds on my place because they were my first love but with so many around they don't need my help promoting and I would rather promote a variety that needs the help. If I haven't said it before, you are doing a great job as the club district director. Thanks for your devotion to the #1 breed of bantam and the #1 breed club in the country.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scratch, jenkins, FloridaOegb
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds