Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dickey Incubators

Dickey Incubators 6 years 5 months ago #173

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Has anyone had any experience with Dickey Incubators? How do they compare with GQF?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Dickey Incubators 6 years 5 months ago #196

• CHOCTAW
  • Gold Boarder
I don't know any thing about them , how ever i looked at them on their web site and the look to be comparable and look to have the same working parts as GQF. the price is about the same. i would think it would be just about as good.

Re: Dickey Incubators 6 years 5 months ago #199

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Choctaw. I was hoping that someone might have one and give me his evaluation. I guess that nobody owns one.

Re: Dickey Incubators 6 years 5 months ago #685

• bantam
  • Junior Boarder
I think one diference is the dicky is made of plywood where the GQF is made of particle board dont know that it would matter.

Re: Dickey Incubators 4 years 6 months ago #10530

• robjesup88
  • Expert Boarder
Barry wrote:
Thanks Choctaw. I was hoping that someone might have one and give me his evaluation. I guess that nobody owns one.
Dickey incubators are very good in my opinion... Mr. Earnest Dickey has been building them for 47 years and his customer service is outstanding! If you purchase one of his incubators and encounter problems with setting it up or a malfunction,all you have to do is call him. You will be talking directly to him not some customer service rep that has no clue as to what you are trying to tell him... Good honest man and product in my opinion!
The following user(s) said Thank You: frogman417, kcmodena

Re: Dickey Incubators 4 years 6 months ago #10564

• frogman417
  • Junior Boarder
I have a Dickey and a GQF. I love both of them. the GQF is many many years old. I have used the dickey for the last three years. It maintains good temp and humidity. it is electronic thermostat and auto turner. like rob said, customer service is excellent!! You deal with Mr Dickey personally. I had problems with the thermometer/humidity meter that was included in purchase and he quickly replaced it free of charge along with returning the defected one with a return shipping label that he included with the replacement. The Dickey incubator was $145 cheaper than the same setup from GQF. I am very pleased with the Dickey and would recommend them to anyone!

Re: Dickey Incubators 4 years 6 months ago #10566

• Bob
  • Gold Boarder
I have both, GOF 12 yrs, and Dickey 14 yrs.
MR. Dickey is a GREAT person to deal with!
He shipped and talked me through the hook up to the GOF with his Dickey timer, a little Diff. hookup,
Price and SERVICE, I would buy another DICKEY.
Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: kcmodena

Re: Dickey Incubators 4 years 6 months ago #10569

• CJB ginger red
I want to his house today and we got a New hot box It is nice he is a good person

Re: Dickey Incubators 4 years 6 months ago #10577

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
The Dickey is a well made incubator and priced less than GQF. I bought one last year and I very happy with it.

Re: Dickey Incubators 4 years 6 months ago #10578

• wheaten55
  • Junior Boarder
I bought a incubator from Mr Dickey in 1982 and 34 years later it works like new. I updated the old wafer thermostat several years ago. Highly recommend them.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.478 seconds