Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.

TOPIC: humidity

Re: humidity 4 years 9 months ago #5086

• silver2
  • Expert Boarder
thanks everybody....
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: humidity 4 years 8 months ago #5279

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Did you get your humidity problem solved silver2?

Re: humidity 4 years 8 months ago #5280

• silver2
  • Expert Boarder
Its doing better but still not perfect

Re: humidity 3 years 9 months ago #10565

• frogman417
  • Junior Boarder
get a humidity meter and place it in the room where your incubator is located and find out what the humidity is there. example-if the relative humidity in your hatching room is 45%, open vent holes up and run with no water at all. this will give you virtually the same humidity as in the hatching room. based on the room humidity and open vents you can add water as needed to raise humidity. the relative humidity in your hatching room is very important factor and will affect the humidity of your incubator. The room humidity is usually lower than, or right on what you need for setting or a little lower. It can easily be raised with the addition of a little water during setting and at hatching. It is much easier to raise the humidity than lower it. Hope it helps. Works for me and my area and my bator. Good luck

Re: humidity 3 years 9 months ago #10570

• silver2
  • Expert Boarder
thanks for the info.

Re: humidity 3 years 6 months ago #11514

• preacherrusty
  • Gold Boarder
what's a a good way to check humidity in a Little Giant styrofoam bator?

humidity 1 year 10 months ago #16950

• preacherrusty
  • Gold Boarder
Crooked feet. Would that be cause the humidity is too high or too low??

humidity 1 year 10 months ago #16951

• kjundog
  • Platinum Boarder
THe best way to check is when you candle the eggs. At 7 days of incubation the air cell occupies about 1/8th of the egg. At 14 days about 1/4 of the space in the egg and at hatching it probably is around 1/3 of the egg. Some of the signs of high humidity is an air cell that is too small and chicks will drown before even pipping. To low a humidity and chicks will normally pip but dry out too quickly and stick to the shell before pipping the shell all the way around and die before they make it out. Crooked toes and feet is normally seen in late hatches and indicate low incubation temperature but I am no expert to say that humidity cannot cause this. Controlling humidity can be done in two ways. To raise humidity increase water surface. Water evaporates from the surface so it is not how much water that determines humidity but how much water surface is exposed. Increase or decrease water surface to raise and lower humidity. You can use the vents to control humidity but I do not like that. I like my vents open to have a good air exchange. Especially at hatching time when chicks are popping out. They use up oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide so a decent amount of air exchange is necessary in my book.
The following user(s) said Thank You: preacherrusty, Clink

humidity 1 year 10 months ago #16962

• preacherrusty
  • Gold Boarder
That was helpful. Thanks

humidity 11 months 3 days ago #18411

• preacherrusty
  • Gold Boarder
I use the styrofoam type. My humidity can drop to like 25% at night. In the morning I add water and it'll jump up to 55% easy. Will the up and down range be a bad thing?? Does it need to stay at a more constant figure??
Time to create page: 0.589 seconds