Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Helping Chicks Hatch

Re: Helping Chicks Hatch 4 years 2 months ago #10535

• Okiebantams
  • Gold Boarder
Maybe that wasn't to clear. I put the bb red eggs under the cochin hens when they were setting to hatch my bb red eggs.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Helping Chicks Hatch 4 years 2 months ago #10537

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Several years ago, I had a pen of birds that I had bought that did the same thing. Most of their eggs were fertile but just didn't hatch. All my other pens were hatching fine except this one pen. Out of desperation, I gave them antibiotics for 7 days. This cured the problem and they hatched normally after that. The only thing I can figure is that the adults were carrying some kind of bacteria that they passed on to the egg. The adults were immune to it but it killed the chicks. You might want to give it a try silver2.
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Barry.

Re: Helping Chicks Hatch 4 years 2 months ago #10541

• silver2
  • Expert Boarder
thanks barry I will
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds