Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Petition to keep Louisiana open

Petition to keep Louisiana open 3 years 7 months ago #11066

• arkie-oe
  • Senior Boarder
I can't subject hasn't come up on this site. If it has, I don't know where it is. I saw the address on another site and checked it out. I think you can click on the address below and the petition will come up. If I can do it, it has to be easy!

www.change.org/petition/dr-diane-stacy-d...ificate-requirements
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Petition to keep Louisiana open 3 years 7 months ago #11067

• arkie-oe
  • Senior Boarder
Part of the address didn't print. Let's try this again.

www.change.org/petition/dr-diane-stacy-d...ificate-requirements
I also wanted to say I can't believe this come up on this site.

Re: Petition to keep Louisiana open 3 years 7 months ago #11070

• Electrichicken
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Electrichicken.

Re: Petition to keep Louisiana open 3 years 7 months ago #11073

• Del
  • Expert Boarder
They are not closing the borders to Louisiana, they are simply wanting everyone to get a health certificate. I for see this happening nation wide with all the new government regs.
Raising and Exhibiting BB Red Male Line, BTB Male Line.
Joshua 24:15 ... But as for me and my house we will serve the LORD !

Re: Petition to keep Louisiana open 3 years 7 months ago #11074

• currahee
  • Platinum Boarder
When our government gets involved with anything ( simply ) is not a word I'd be using ,.,...

Re: Petition to keep Louisiana open 3 years 7 months ago #11075

• arkie-oe
  • Senior Boarder
Del wrote:
They are not closing the borders to Louisiana, they are simply wanting everyone to get a health certificate. I for see this happening nation wide with all the new government regs.
To say a health certificate could mean a little or a lot. The NPIP certificate could be considered a health certificate. I'm sure more requirements could be involved like AI, time limits, certain vets etc. The trouble involved as well as the extra cost will make or break what happens to showing.

Re: Petition to keep Louisiana open 3 years 7 months ago #11076

• currahee
  • Platinum Boarder
I've done been told if they ( the State ) hold us to using vets for state testing Our trimming will come to a halt ... Most consider that as practicing medicine.. A major No No .. You Give a inch and they'll take a mile folks

Re: Petition to keep Louisiana open 3 years 7 months ago #11105

• Del
  • Expert Boarder
I'm not for all the government regulations, and a health certificate is basically saying that a licensed veterinary has looked at the birds and they are free from visible disease. I think that most shows do a good job of regulating sick birds themselves. At this point poultry are the only farmyard animal that can travel across state lines without a health certificate. Swine, cattle, equine, goats, sheep, even dogs are required to have a health cert to travel across state lines. It won't be long and poultry will be included in that list.
Raising and Exhibiting BB Red Male Line, BTB Male Line.
Joshua 24:15 ... But as for me and my house we will serve the LORD !

Re: Petition to keep Louisiana open 3 years 7 months ago #11107

• robjesup88
  • Expert Boarder
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR BIRDS AND SWINE TRAVEL PERMITS:
All domestic animals and poultry entering the State of Georgia must conform to Georgia requirements contained herein and be in compliance with Federal regulations and must not be known to be infected with or exposed to any infectious or contagious disease.
All livestock transported or otherwise moved into the State shall be accompanied by a copy of an official certificate of veterinary inspection or permit, or both, attached to the waybill or shall be in the possession of the driver of the vehicle or person in charge of the livestock.
A copy of the official certificate of veterinary inspection shall be forwarded to the State Veterinarian, Georgia Department of Agriculture, Capitol Square, 19 Martin Luther King Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30334.
All livestock not fully in compliance entering the State without a proper certificate of veterinary inspection or permit, or both when required, shall be held in quarantine at owner's risk and expense until released by the State Veterinarian.
Brucellosis test accepted for interstate movement of livestock into Georgia is the Tube Test, Official Card Test, PCFIA, and BAPA.

Re: Petition to keep Louisiana open 3 years 7 months ago #11108

• robjesup88
  • Expert Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds