Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Entry Fees?

Re: Entry Fees? 3 years 9 months ago #12023

• tater britt
  • Expert Boarder
Ron, you have given some good advice, it's a been real hard to get the numbers up at the Jamboree because of the AI test, now SC is making it harder to show there with the new restrictions. I'm with Nutens on all the states getting on the same page with all the regulations. maybe Anthony will post the new requirements for SC.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Entry Fees? 3 years 9 months ago #12026

• Bob
  • Gold Boarder
Expense breakdown for the 2014 National, (estimated)
Entry Fee $3. per bird ($3 per exhibitor,clean-up, judges and awards)
(figuring on 1800 birds entered)
Judges-5- $2150
Motels-6 rooms- $720
Rent- $400
Awards- $650
Shavings, coop cards etc.. $500
Sub Total= $4420
$1800 prize money (with 1800 birds)
Total= $6220
1800 birds X $3= $5400 (had we charged $3.50 we would have broke even $6300)
Sales spots, $3 per exhibitor fee,(150 exhibitors est.
X 3= $450) and DONATIONS may help us to break even
THANK YOU ALL THAT HAVE DONATED SO FAR. "ANYWHERE" DONATIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
We are putting the premium book together now, if you would like to donate, and get your name in the premium booklet, let me know before September 15th 2014 donations will be excepted until Nov. 23 2014 :P
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Bob. Reason: grammer
The following user(s) said Thank You: scratch

Re: Entry Fees? 3 years 9 months ago #12035

• NorTexFF
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks for everyone's input! Something's we will ponder while attempting to put on our show again this year.

Re: Entry Fees? 3 years 9 months ago #12064

• dhw
I've seen some show back east that only charge $2 a bird which I think is too cheap. We have a new show in Oklahoma that is charging $4 which sounds a little high but they are giving away a ton of prize money.

I don't worry too much about the fees. I will adjust the number of birds I take to fit my budget.

Re: Entry Fees? 3 years 9 months ago #12066

• okie1
  • Gold Boarder
I agree about $4 being too high, especially since there is a $5 clean up fee for both shows...I guess a guy has the option to only enter 1 show.

Entry Fees? 3 years 9 months ago #12069

• scratch
  • Platinum Boarder
Mr. Richard posted on facebook that you are only charged 1 clean up fee and you do have the option of only showing one show.
"Boy that sounds like a headache just waiting to happen."

Entry Fees? 3 years 9 months ago #12073

• CHOCTAW
  • Gold Boarder
I guess that I am a little old fashion but I don't want to see my hobby turn into a professional sport where the big prizes money sets the stage for the show . when you do this you have to charge a lot more for entry fees,clean up fees selling fees and so on. I think a a club has to make enough money to support a show and pay expenses but most clubs are non profit and maintains enough in there account to be supportable.All other expenses are high,gas travel, motels and food , I myself will cut back on entries and some shows if prices continue to go up and I think you will see a lot of folks will do the same thing. I will not travel to a show and only show in one show if it is a double show.I know that there will be a lot of people that want agree with what i have said but I am just expressing my views which a lot of people want do for fear of critisem. and that ok I am just one frog in the pond.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scratch, ronsmith9809, roosterman

Entry Fees? 3 years 9 months ago #12074

• ronsmith9809
  • Expert Boarder
I feel the same as you Choctaw, High entry fee shows will not get my entry and there are a lot more frogs in the pond that feel the same way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roosterman

Entry Fees? 3 years 9 months ago #12089

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
We had to go to $3.00 per bird on our entry fees at Anderson because of the rise in our expenses. Everything goes up these days unfortunately and our great hobby is no exception. I think that folks will continue to show their birds at a good show and skip or cut back at the shows they don't like.
All shows have to operate at the minimum of a "break even" or they won't be in business long. I think what has really hurt the Jamboree in NC is the AI restrictions but this is still a great show that I like to attend.

Entry Fees? 3 years 9 months ago #12107

• Simmons
  • Fresh Boarder
I know I won't be going to any "small" show that charges $5.00 and $6.00 that isn't for a double show. You'll probably get about the same amount of money, but the numbers won't be there. Charging double clean up fees on back to back shows won't work either. Unless they plan on changing out all the shavings. Just my opinion.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds