Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Top 5 Awards?

Top 5 Awards? 2 years 8 months ago #16600

• scratch
  • Platinum Boarder
I was kicking this around in my head about what sort of awards help people realize their accomplishment. That gratification after a lot of hard work in the breed pens up to the show pens. I know that just the sheer thrill of victory is more than enough. But we also like awards. My question is which would you rather have? and I think this discussion has already been talked about a year or two back? But lets re-hash this, I would like to hear what you guys think. If I am having a show and going to award the top 5 Old English, which would you prefer? Cash prizes or a Plaque or Trophy with the date a place of which it was won?
For me it would be the Plaque's. Money comes and goes, I know that feed is high but I'm not in it for the PROFITS, lol. But I like to have something for the memory. I like to hang them on the wall and remember each bird that I won that award with and that show in particular, who was there. Just a lot of memories.
OK now that I have my sentimentalism out of the way, what are your thoughts on this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Top 5 Awards? 2 years 8 months ago #16601

• STONE
  • Expert Boarder
I agree with you Ernie. I like the plaques and banners. Showing livestock all my life there was nothing more gratifying than hanging that Champion banner over the stall door at a livestock show. I think clubs could save some money by giving out nice banners vs, plaques or trophies. All of them mean more than money to me as well! Good discussion topic!
The following user(s) said Thank You: scratch

Top 5 Awards? 2 years 8 months ago #16613

• CHOCTAW
  • Gold Boarder
Ernie I think the Plaques is the way to go.Very seldom is there enough money to make any difference and I think most people do it for their accompishments and self gratification because after the show the only one that remembers most of the time is you ,to have a plaque you can look back and remember your accomplsiments

Top 5 Awards? 2 years 8 months ago #16614

• Roy Stacy
  • Expert Boarder
Ernie I thank I would just take the money, even though it would be.spent before I got home. I just go to the shows for the fun and to visit with friends. When I first started showing back in themid 1980 I loved the throphys and placks, but after a while as I older I boxed all of them up and gave them to the junior show to give to them. The most fun I have now is just feeding my chickens ever and spend time with the birds.In my 70,s now with health problems but love the birds more than ever and still have a few special placks in a box under my bed LoL.

Top 5 Awards? 2 years 8 months ago #16616

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
I like a trophy or plaque to remember a show. The money is gone with no memories and I don't show enough for points to mean anything. Its nice to have something tangible.

Top 5 Awards? 2 years 8 months ago #16620

• tater britt
  • Expert Boarder
would like to see the directors get together and make the awards look like the state that the show s being held, then we as members could strive to collect all 50 states, my states would be NC and SC. we make the Jamboree awards to look like NC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scratch, tidered77, mprice, spur101

Top 5 Awards? 2 years 8 months ago #16624

• jenkins
  • Platinum Boarder
Tater I like that idea I have a nc sc and ga now
Junior Jenkins
349 Bushy Rd
Cherry Log Ga 30522
706-276-6395
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Top 5 Awards? 2 years 8 months ago #16625

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
I think that is a great idea!

Top 5 Awards? 2 years 8 months ago #16627

• scratch
  • Platinum Boarder
Something like this?
img_5792_2016-01-02.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: roosterman

Top 5 Awards? 2 years 8 months ago #16641

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes, like that.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds