Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Top Ten OE of the show

Top Ten OE of the show 6 months 1 week ago #18663

• ToddProctor
  • Fresh Boarder
Is it written somewhere that the Top Ten OE has to be made up of 10 different varieties? Why can't the Top 10 OE be the Top 10 OE at the show regardless of variety? I raise a "lesser" variety in the Birchen and would much rather have a Top 10 bird because of the type of the bird and not the variety of the bird. I hate to hear "that's a good bird...for a Birchen!" One day I will hear "That's a good OE". If a bird is picked for the top 10 just because of the variety, doesn't that hurt the breed? Shouldn't the type be considered most important? Wouldn't choosing the best Top 10 OE in the show make the breeders of the "lesser varieties step up and improve their birds and therefore improve the breed overall? How do you think the Top 10 OE should be picked at the shows?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jenkins

Top Ten OE of the show 6 months 1 week ago #18669

• Clink
  • Gold Boarder
Andy placed two bb red cockerels in the top five at a couple of shows last year, so I don't think it's a rule, I thought any BV could place and then the Rv from that variety can place if good enough
The following user(s) said Thank You: ToddProctor

Top Ten OE of the show 6 months 1 week ago #18672

• TRACY
  • Platinum Boarder
IF THE RV IS BETTER THAN THE OTHER BV,S IT CAN. IT CANNOT BEAT THE BV OF THE SAME COLOR. (EXAMPLE BV BB RED K RV BBRED P) IT WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO BEAT THE BB RED K BECAUSE THE BB RED K HAS ALREADY BEAT IT FOR BV.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jenkins, ToddProctor, Clink
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds