Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.

TOPIC: Show Supplies

Show Supplies 6 years 5 months ago #1369

• Electrichicken
I know you guys probable have a few little secrets in those tool box's I've seen at the shows. With the exception of giving up too much information I would like to know what a new guy like me would need to put together to prep and maintain my birds before and during the show?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Show Supplies 6 years 5 months ago #1371

• kjundog
  • Platinum Boarder
It should contain what you need for a last minute touch. A couple wash clothes, a nail clipper, a toothbrush, a small container for water if needed to clean up. I usually have a bottle of vetrx in there also. Another item I keep in a small ziplock bag is a hankerchief (a silk one is best)that has been soaked in kerosine and then hung out to dry. When dry it leaves a residue on the hankerchief and this is great for dusting the birds off without giving them an oily feel. It really makes the reds and black shine. Keep it simple. Just bring what you need. You may find the need to carry a few extra numbered bands in it also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Electrichicken

Re: Show Supplies 6 years 5 months ago #1373

• Tim_Neves
  • Senior Boarder
I also have scissors, wipes, can of pink, Cocky oil instead of vetrx, Adams, miracle groom and gainsburger.

Re: Show Supplies 6 years 5 months ago #1374

• Electrichicken
Cocky Oil? :huh:

Re: Show Supplies 6 years 5 months ago #1379

• Tim_Neves
  • Senior Boarder
an oil that cocky makes and works good... I use it even when Im not showing.. helps soften the scales on the legs. also put a few drops down the throat and on the face..

Re: Show Supplies 6 years 5 months ago #1380

• tater
we like to use a gun cleaning cloth, pink hair spray,baby wipes,neosproin for the head,it does't blisser the head, nail clippers,a small bucket for warm water,tooth brush,shop rags extra number bands,vetrex

Re: Show Supplies 6 years 5 months ago #1381

• Electrichicken
Ok, what are the extra leg bands for?

Re: Show Supplies 6 years 5 months ago #1382

• tater
with as many birds that we have, sometimes we forget to put them on

Re: Show Supplies 6 years 5 months ago #1400

• tater
another thing would be to have some plastic dividers, some shows will jam the coops together, had a good bird get his tail messedup because i forgot to put the plastic in.

Re: Show Supplies 6 years 5 months ago #1403

• KentuckyRandy
  • Senior Boarder
I have a show cage I put my birds in to get them use to the cages and shavings. I also have a radio in my barn to get them use to the noise at shows.
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds