Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.
  • Page:

TOPIC: POINTS DEBATE

POINTS DEBATE 4 years 6 months ago #7641

• dhw
I've heard some people say they don't care about points. I've heard of others that would like to do away with points altogether. Exhibitors show for different reasons but I think the general consensus is that most would cite fellowship as key to having an enjoyable show experience.

Points add an extra encentive to show and creates more participation. Increased participation results in higher revenue for the local clubs which can lead to better and more awards. More revenue will enable a club to get Judges from farther away which also helps to create more interest. The fancy as whole will always benefit from more participation regardless of individual motives.

I would not show if not for the value I place on the fellowship between exhibitors. I would not show as many birds if not for the point system. The point system was put into place to increase participation and it has done that successfully. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: POINTS DEBATE 4 years 6 months ago #7642

• BackInBlack
  • Gold Boarder
Points help the shows and I don't think they are bad but I have just got to where I don't really care about them. I think they help the show numbers more than we know

Re: POINTS DEBATE 4 years 6 months ago #7647

• Bryant
  • Platinum Boarder
Well said Greg

Re: POINTS DEBATE 4 years 6 months ago #7648

• nutens
  • Senior Boarder
Points are not the only reason to show but they are the only reason to pay dues to this club. What other benefit is there in membership?

Re: POINTS DEBATE 4 years 6 months ago #7655

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
The point system may attract more entries to the shows but in past years the clubs offered more awards than they do now. I think many clubs depend too much on the points system to bring in entries.

One thing that will increase entries is publicity. If you have someone who can take decent photos of your shows winners and submit them to the press, that will increase entries at the next show you have. Also, have someone take ads for the press too. Good publicity really helps.

POINTS DEBATE 4 years 6 months ago #7659

• Del
  • Expert Boarder
If there were no point system I'd show the same number of shows but I'd show less birds.
Raising and Exhibiting BB Red Male Line, BTB Male Line.
Joshua 24:15 ... But as for me and my house we will serve the LORD !

Re: POINTS DEBATE 4 years 6 months ago #7675

• CHOCTAW
  • Gold Boarder
Well said Greg, I think that with out the point system in our club you would see less entries with less entries it is difficult for a club as we all know could not offer the awards, judges and facility that we have .So i see it as a benifit to the club and not just to the individual .CHOCTAW BANTAMS

Re: POINTS DEBATE 4 years 6 months ago #7677

• jenkins
  • Platinum Boarder
I like the points system it gives everyone something to strive for no matter what variety you raise.
Junior Jenkins
349 Bushy Rd
Cherry Log Ga 30522
706-276-6395
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 911randal

Re: POINTS DEBATE 4 years 6 months ago #7791

• Workman
  • Junior Boarder
I think the point system is good. People see the points in the quaterly and makes some want to do better and show more the next time to try and get the points to have there name there. I enjoy showing regardless, and getting to meet new people and go to new places. Barry as far as clubs offering more awards before, this is true, but with the times and money its harder for clubs to continue to offer as much as they did before. I know for one if it wasnt for donations from individuals and sometimes some business's, then we wouldnt be able to offer that much at our local show in Ky. So the points help get more birds in, and help bring money to the club, but also members of that club should also help donate for the shows and awards as well as time.
Vinson Workman 2015/2016 District 3 Director
Mailing address 45 Williams Creek Rd. Rush, Ky 41168
Breeder of Brassy Back, Blue Brassy Back,also show with Craig McDonald Blacks, Blue, BB Red and Blue Reds

Re: POINTS DEBATE 4 years 6 months ago #7799

• Bryant
  • Platinum Boarder
Well said Workman,

We I decided to run for office last summer, the issue I've heard the most about is the points system. The club has to evolve to attract new members and this may include the points system. I ask each of you that understand the point system, to help inform the ones that don't understand it. The point system is our way of patting someone on the back. Getting a pat on the back means a lot to a newbie. Who wouldn't rather have a pat on the back instead of a kick in the teeth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds