Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.

TOPIC: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons

Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 3 months ago #9717

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Many clubs are going to double shows these days. In your opinion, what are the good points and bad points of a double show?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 3 months ago #9720

• eastert22
  • Senior Boarder
I am not able to go to as many shows this year because of work load so the doubles saves a little on motels and gas and time.

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 3 months ago #9722

• TRACY
  • Platinum Boarder
BARRY I LIKE IT BECAUSE OF THE EXPENSE OF THE TRAVEL AND MOTELS GAS AND FOOD.BUT SEEMS LIKE EVERYTIME I SHOW AT ONE I DUE GOOD ONE SHOW AND NOT GOOD THE OTHER.AND ON THE JUDGING SIDE THERE ARE PLENTY OF DIFFERENT PLACINGS.I HATE TO SAY MUCH BUT ALOT OF BAD O.E. JUDGING OUT THERE TODAY.
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by TRACY.

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 3 months ago #9724

• Bryant
  • Platinum Boarder
TRACY wrote:
BARRY I LIKE IT BECAUSE OF THE EXPENSE OF THE TRAVEL AND MOTELS GAS AND FOOD.BUT SEEMS LIKE EVERYTIME I SHOW AT ONE I DUE GOOD ONE SHOW AND NOT GOOD THE OTHER.AND ON THE JUDGING SIDE THERE ARE PLENTY OF DIFFERENT PLACINGS.I HATE TO SAY MUCH BUT ALOT OF BAD O.E. JUDGING OUT THERE TODAY.

Bad Judging or Political Judging?

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 3 months ago #9725

• TRACY
  • Platinum Boarder
BOTH,IT IS SAD.THIS GUY THAT SHOWS ABOUT 1 OR 2 TIMES A YEAR SAID IF YOU WANT TO WIN JUST PUT ON A SHOW.

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 3 months ago #9726

• TRACY
  • Platinum Boarder
I SHOWED AT ATOKA IN DEC.2013 I SHOWED 4 BB RED HENS AND 4 PULLETS AND JASON COPASS HAD SOME HENS NEXT TO MINE AND HE TOLD ME THAT HE WOULDN'T EVEN CLEAN HIS HENS UP. BECAUSE HE SAID MY 4 HENS WOULD BEAT HIS.THE 1ST SHOW NONE OF MY HENS PLACED AND I HAD 2,3 5 PULLET.THE 2ND SHOW 1,2,3,4 HEN B.V. BBRED AND 1,2,3,4 PULLET.HARD TO TAKE THAT.

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 3 months ago #9729

• scratch
  • Platinum Boarder
I find this interesting. I believe this can be a two edged sword. Double shows are double points. Just like Tracy, I have also found myself doing fair in one show and the other show bombing out. It also crosses my mind that on a double show everyone or most everyone leaves happy because they racked up a few points towards their Master exhibitor or Breeder or what ever it is but in reality there is not a clear winner of the day unless both judges selected the same bird and I guess that could be possible. Another thing double shows does I guess is make it easier to achieve the Master awards. Does this cheapen the achievements? My opinion is that it probably does.
I will say that I hope to never see a National or the Jamboree turn into a double show.

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 3 months ago #9731

• Workman
  • Junior Boarder
Having a double show has several things that is positive. As stated it is hard for some to make alot of shows and this is a way they can get 2 shows in one in the same trip. Also it helps the club itself out because it seems people are more likely to come to a double show than a single if the double show is about the same distance. I agree that alot of political juding does go on, but I know with the local club I help with that we try and make sure that does not happen. I can say that because I help have a show that I have never won it. We want to make sure its fair for everyone and want it to grow. We havent had a double show before but I have attended several and like going to them because it dos help where I dont get to attend as many as some do. So I say it is better to have a double show and we are planning on having one this fall at the Bluegrass Show.
Vinson Workman 2015/2016 District 3 Director
Mailing address 45 Williams Creek Rd. Rush, Ky 41168
Breeder of Brassy Back, Blue Brassy Back,also show with Craig McDonald Blacks, Blue, BB Red and Blue Reds

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 3 months ago #9733

• Bob
  • Gold Boarder
Double shows- HERO to ZERO! Birds show better in the morning,(but, OE should be ready at all times)

Double shows, Slows down cooping out early, if both shows are started at the same time.

There is no rules for double shows, I have seen at 3 diff. shows it being done diff.
1. Divide the room in half as good as possible.
2. Start each,, Team 1 and Team 2 judges on one side of the Divide at the same time. the speed of the Judges should be considered when pairing off Judging Teams.
3. OE Champion Row,, OE top 2-5 should be picked by Team 1 and then put back for Team #2 to judge, Team 2 should take a break at this point, if they are waiting to start OE)
4. There has to be a break time to remove coop cards for the 2nd judging. (Don't remove coop cards too early).
5. Team 2, after doing OE top 2-5, should do all the Other Bantams that they judged earlier, while Team 1 takes a break.
6. Judging Teams should ONLY judge the birds that they are assigned to judge and should NOT be at Champion Row when the other Team Judges are judging.

If you were at the Jefferson GA show, this one was done wrong (in my opinion) ALL the judges judged both Champion Rows shows #1 & #2!
Bob Bridges

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 3 months ago #9736

• Okiebantams
  • Gold Boarder
I for one like the double shows alot more for the same reasons most of you have mentioned. All the work involved in getting birds ready for and going to the shows its just better if you can get 2 judges to go over them. The biggest con to me is the inconsistency of the picks even though I have benefited from it on birds that I thought were not as good as what others have brought to show. But we've all had birds not show when the judge is judging them and it kills your chances but he can only judge what they look like at that particular time. I also believe the birds usually show better earlier in the day and we've all had a bird lay down on us when they looked so good that morning.
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds