Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
These forums are provided as a service to the members of the OEGBCA as well as our guests. In order to post to these forums you must be a member of the OEGBCA and register on this site. The administrator will then receive an email to authorize you, I will compare the info you entered against the member list to verify membership within the club. These forums will be moderated at the discretion of the offical moderators and administrator. Be nice and keep it clean!
Please do not post classified adds in the forums, use the classifieds instead.

TOPIC: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 9 months ago #9737

• TRACY
  • Platinum Boarder
VERY TRUE DAVID A JUDGE ONLY HAS A FEW SECONDS TO LOOK AT EACH BIRD AND IF THEY DON'T SHOW TO BAD SO SAD.GOT TO FIND ONE THAT DOES AND ALSO MEETS THE STANDARDS.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DustysBBReds

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 9 months ago #9739

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Great comments folks! It sounds like most people are in favor of double shows.

Again in your opinion, who has put on a good, successful double show and what did you like about it? The Anderson All Breed Club is thinking of trying to put on one and I would like to know the things that we should both do and also avoid. If we decide to do one, we want to avoid the mistakes of others if possible.

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 9 months ago #9752

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
What I would like to know is what things do you like or find enjoyable in the management of a double show? I've gotten some great comments on this question but I would like as many opinions as possible. What about 6 judges rather than 4 as an example?
When we have our club meeting, I'm going to take your comments for the club to discuss in making our decision.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Barry.

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 9 months ago #9753

• tater
four judges are a plenty, the hard part of it is finding the right judges. you know judges make or break the show. for sure on the OE. Anderson is laid out perfect for a double show. the unifour show is thinking about a double show for next year.

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 9 months ago #9756

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Tater.

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 9 months ago #9758

• Okiebantams
  • Gold Boarder
Once my cards were pulled on my birds before I was able to see how they placed because both judges were working towards the middle and hit it about the same time and you couldn't get in the isles. Not a huge deal and I was able to go dig them out of the pile of tags on the secretary's table later. Ive also seen where the top 5 were given plaques in one show but not the other. Not sure how you would decide which one would get the plaque but looks like to me they both would if plaques are being given out. No gripes on my part because as I've said I'm all for the double shows but just trowing these out there because you were asking. D Price

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 9 months ago #9774

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for that comment Mr. Price. Those are the things that we would want to avoid at our show.

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 9 months ago #9781

• tater
double shows can keep the show on the plus side, IF the numbers are there to support it. the first show pays for almost everything and the second show puts you alittle a head.

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 9 months ago #9785

• roosterman
Tater is the Morganton club going to have a double show net year?
Jimmy Sorrells
P.O. Box 64
Balsam NC, 28707
828-400-3166
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re: Double Shows-Pro's and Cons 4 years 9 months ago #9806

• tater
we're thinking about it at the Salsibury show, Unifour
Time to create page: 0.319 seconds