Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2017 National Farmington, Utah

2017 National Farmington, Utah 1 year 3 months ago #18652

Hi Folks. The show Catalogue for the Utah Fancy Poultry Association Fall Show sponsoring the Old English National has been sent to the Administrator to be posted on the Utah Fancy Poultry Association Web site. You can also get a copy of the entry blank there as well. I will try to attach it here as well. Just a few highlights. Birds can be accepted in the show room until 9:00 PM Thursday October 12. They must be in place by Friday morning at 9:00 AM when judging will start. The second show judging will start at the same time. Tracy Hill to judge the National and Steven Beaty to judge the second show. We have 4 judges hired so we have the bodies to get the job done. More than likely the champions will be picked Saturday Morning. We will have an awards luncheon at noon on Saturday October 13 and Old English out of staters can coop out their birds 4 hours early at 1:00 PM. Entries are due by September 27th. Nice array of awards. Beautiful scrolled wood plaques for the top 10 Old English. Nice plaques for the remaining best of varieties. Cash awards for Champion $100, Reserve $75 and 3rd Best $50. $15 for the next 10 best of varieties. We will add to these cash prizes as donations come in. If you would like to donate you can contact mike spencer This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. We are looking forward to hosting the Old English Bantam club of America For those of you who would like to see the Mormon temple and grounds - we will organize a short trip on Saturday Morning. Well worth your time. Thanks, MIke
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TRACY

2017 National Farmington, Utah 11 months 5 days ago #18955

• TRACY
  • Platinum Boarder
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE UTAH CLUB FOR HOSTING THE 2017 O.E. NATIONAL. THE SHOW WAS DOWN IN NUMBERS BUT A 1ST CLASS RUN SHOW.THE SHOW WAS REALLY NICELY SET UP SINGLE DECKED AND THE ISLES WERE WIDE,THE BIRDS WERE REALLY NICE FOR IT BEING IN OCT.ME AND DAVID PRICE WAS THE ONLY REPRESENTATIVES FROM OUR WONDERFUL CLUB. I JUDGED AND DAVID SHOWED I WILL ADMIT THAT BOTH OF US HAD VOTED TO HAVE THE NATIONAL IN NORMAN OKLA.THE 1ST WEEKEND IN NOV. 2017. THE 12 OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS THAT VOTED FOR UTAH WAS A NO SHOW WHICH IS A TRAVESTY.NOTHING AGAINST THE UTAH CLUB THEY ARE A BUNCH OF GREAT HONEST HARD WORKING PEOPLE.I HAVE BEEN AROUND SHOWS FOR YEARS AND I HAVE SEEN THEM COME AND GO AND WHEN A CLUB GOES ALL OUT TO HOST A NATIONAL MEET SOMETIMES THEY FOLD UP BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY HAVE PUT INTO HAVING A NATIONAL.I WOULD SAY THEY PUT UP THOUSANDS TO MAKE HUNDREDS. I TALKED TO MIKE SPENCER HE SAID THEY WILL TAKE A HIT FROM THIS BUT THEY LEARNED FROM IT ALSO AND SAID THEY WOULD NEVER BID ON A NATIONAL AGAIN.I PERSONALLY KNOW THAT THE BID FOR NORMAN WAS A BETTER BID AND A BETTER TIME BEING IN NOV.ALSO A BETTER LOCATION FOR EVERYONE BEING IN THE CENTER OF THE USA.I GUESS YOU MIGHT SAY I'M A BIT VENTING BUT THAT,S JUST HOW I FEEL. I'M HERE TO SEE THE CLUB GROW AND DO THE RIGHT THINGS AND DO YOU WANT TO GO TO A NATIONAL WITH 1000 O.E. OR LESS THAN 300.ONCE AGAIN MY APOLOGY TO THE UTAH CLUB.THANKS TRACY
The following user(s) said Thank You: okie1, Blood54, jenkins, Okiebantams, Bowbender Bantams, Clink

2017 National Farmington, Utah 11 months 5 days ago #18956

• Clink
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you for your words of wisdom Tracy. That's a little different story than the other BoD's have been telling.... saying "spread it around" and "Utah had, by far, the best bid"..... So, I gotta ask, how far is Anderson from Knoxville?

One final thought, I've been wondering if anyone would go there...... is somebody ever just gonna say Norman never stood a chance because it falls on the same day as the Jamboree? It's been obvious to everyone I talked too in person
The following user(s) said Thank You: okie1, Okiebantams

2017 National Farmington, Utah 11 months 5 days ago #18957

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
How many birds were there?

2017 National Farmington, Utah 11 months 5 days ago #18958

• TRACY
  • Platinum Boarder
BARRY LESS THAN 300 AND CLINK YOUR RIGHT ON ABOUT THE JAMBOREE BEING THE SAME WEEKEND. AND IF THEY REALLY THINK UTAH HAD THE BEST BID ASK THEM WHY THEY DIDN'T SHOW.
Last Edit: 11 months 5 days ago by TRACY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: okie1

2017 National Farmington, Utah 11 months 1 day ago #18959

• Barry
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Tracy. The numbers were down but it still sounds like y'all had a great show.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.823 seconds